Table of Contents
Specifies the type of external application. Application types are differentiated by the service they provide or the protocol they use to communicate with the server. Choose from
- FastCGI: a FastCGI application with a Responder role.
- FastCGI Authorizer: a FastCGI application with an Authorizer role
- Servlet Engine: a servlet engine with an AJPv13 connector, such as Tomcat.
- Web Server: a web server or application server that supports HTTP protocol.
- LiteSpeed SAPI App: an application that communicates with the web server using LSAPI protocol.
- Load Balancer: a virtual application that can balance load among worker applications.
- Piped Logger: an application that can process access log entries received on its STDIN stream.
Select from drop down list
Most applications will use either LSAPI or FastCGI protocol. LSAPI supports PHP, Ruby, and Python. Perl can be used with FastCGI. (PHP, Ruby, and Python can also be set up to run using FastCGI, but they run faster using LSAPI.) Java uses servlet engines.